CREATE A CONTENT STRATEGY THAT DELIVERS COMMERCIAL ROI
We work with B2C and B2B businesses to develop content strategies that stretch beyond just engaging with target audiences but actually go on to form part of an audience journey that can demonstrate a clear commercial return. Our approach to content strategy creation covers the entire audience journey from initial marketing engagement (awareness), on to sales engagement (purchase), and then on to customer engagement (retention, cross-sell and advocacy). This ability to map content in this way means you have a clear idea of what content you need to produce next, know that you are producing content that will move your audience towards a commercial goal and then attribute the content journey that led to commercial success. Below are the key steps in creating a commercial content strategy.
Content is the main connection between your company and your audience. We help you map your audience’s buying journeys towards your commercial goals and plan the content needed to support these journeys. Here we map your audience’s buying journey through the three buying stages: Marketing, Sales, and Customer engagement, allowing you to have an end-to-end content strategy that is truly customer-centric.
For the first time you can map the journey from the earliest marketing engagement through to consideration, purchase, retention and advocacy and plan the content needed to support every stage of those potential journeys. By basing the audience journeys on your company’s own commercial goals, we enable you to connect marketing with the entire sales and retention process. You will know what content to produce next, be able to create detailed briefs for all content and effectively manage your content workflow.
We use an automated journey planning tool that enables you to easily map your audience journeys and enables a content creation workflow.
Our technical marketing consultants will integrate the audience journey planning tool with your customer communications silos which, depending on the nature of your organisation, could include:
- Integration with your marketing automation system to inform campaign content
- Next best content recommendations on your website to increase engagement
- Creation of a dedicated content hub to facilitate content journeys
- Audience journey data into your CRM systems to provide context to your customer information
Through our audience journey planner tool, we are able to monitor content consumption and track audience progress towards your commercial goals.
This also enables the interpretation of audience progress into sales forecasting by determining time to goal by audience persona.
If you would like to get started or want to understand more about audience journey planning and the transformation it can make to your content marketing strategy, please get in touch.
Outputs & Deliverables
- Understanding of your current content activity across the business
- A defined commercial goal you want to target with content
- Clearly defined audience personas and their reasons for engaging
- Audience journeys mapped towards a commercial goal
- Content briefs for all content required to convert your audience
- A content strategy that delivers tangible commercial ROI
Benefits & Results
- Increase the effectiveness of your content marketing
- Demonstrate that your content investment has a clear attribution to sales
- Improved customer experience by aligning all your audience content
- Easier content creation by focussing on content to support audience journeys
- See what content is and is not working and improve content efficiency
- Powerful content analytics that improves forecasting and customer insight