ENSURE YOUR CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS ARE JOINED UP
Do you know how your business communicates with your customers? Can you state how many communications go out and by which parts of the business? Is there any co-ordination of this customer communications? In most cases the answers to those questions is a mixture of uncertainty and ignorance. As a result, few businesses know what impact this anarchic approach to customer communications is having on their attempts to retain customers and cross-sell/up-sell their products and services.
Our consultants’ technical and communications expertise enables us to assess our clients’ approach to customer contact and then recommend and deliver change programmes that provide significant commercial return. To do this, we offer a three stage approach.
Below are more details on our approach in supporting you in delivering a contact strategy. If you would like our help to develop a contact strategy please contact us to arrange a time to have a call and discuss your needs: email@example.com.
We begin by assessing the current approach to customer contact. This is both an audit of what communications are being sent out from the various parts of the business and an assessment of the impact the existing customer communications contact is having. We then meet with your internal stakeholders to workshop the perceived or known impact of customer communications to understand the impact on customer retention and missed sales opportunities. The steps we go through are:
- Review of existing communications contact
- Build complete view of contact history
- Quick wins – remove duplications and contact clashes
An overview of the outputs of this stage are described in our Intelligence Hub article “Houston we have contact“.
Following the Contact Assessment we will produce a detailed set of recommendations with a clear indication of the ROI that would be achieved. These recommendations include a project plan of the various change programmes required. We will also start the design phase of your contact strategy, working with you to develop your Customer Vision and Customer Journeys. The steps we go through are:
- Plan design and business case developed
- Define Customer Vision
- Map your customers’ journeys
An overview of the outputs of this stage are described in our Intelligence Hub article “The ideal approach to customer contact“.
We will build a change management team within your business to deliver the contact strategy programme. Our consultants will provide project management and delivery to supplement your own internal teams. The percentage of the delivery we take on is dependent on your own resourcing constraints.
Outputs & Deliverables
- Clear understanding of all your current customer contact
- Clear understanding of duplicated customer contact
- Analysis of revenue opportunities through better customer contact
- Quick wins to streamline you customer contact
- A fully documented contact strategy and customer vision
- Full support in implementing the new contact strategy
Benefits & Results
- Cost savings due to streamlined contact
- Increased customer loyalty & reduced churn due to no over communication
- Increased revenues due to more effective communications
- Ability to deliver on your brand promise every time
- Ability to deliver relevant communications and content
- Organisation, processes and systems alignment